Open for tours by appointment only. Please call.
Catalpa is one of the few plantations still owned and occupied by descendants of the original builder. William Fort established Catalpa when he came to Louisiana in the late 1700′s. By 1850, Catalpa was a thriving cotton and sugar plantation. During the Civil War, the Fort’s hid many of their fine treasures in the adjacent pond to prevent their destruction by the union army. Some of these pieces are on display at Catalpa today.