The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU Accessibility Statement
The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU is dedicated to providing exceptional service to guests of all abilities. We strive to provide online content that provides an excellent user experience for visitors of all abilities, using any type of assistive technology to access the website.
We actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through training of our personnel, engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at [email protected] with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. Your experience matters to us.
The Cook Hotel and Conference Center at LSU website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities and services. These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
With the advent of Title II and Title III in 2010 and 2012 under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), our policy has been to make modifications and accommodations a top priority for the benefit of our customers including removing impediments for guest access to the more than 14,000 square feet of space. These changes include, but are not limited to installation of access ramps, elevators, automatic doors, covered entry/exit, appropriate height vanities, obstruction free path of travel, drinking fountains, parking, and easy to use, but password protected Wi-Fi Internet service.
- 7 Handicap Accessible Sleeping Rooms
- Two include roll-in showers
- 12 Hearing Accessible Sleeping Rooms
- doorbells/strobes alerts representing every room type and floor in the hotel
- Accessible public entrance
- Guests who are unable to use the front registration desk will be attended by staff who comes around the desk.
- Accessible route from the public entrance to the registration area and accessible rooms.
- Accessible elevator. Accessible route to the elevator from the public entrance, registration desk and rooms.
- Accessible emergency exit.
- Accessible public restroom.
- Visual (strobe light) alarms.
- Guest room televisions have closed captioning.
- Braille signage throughout the property.
- Accessible food and beverage outlets:
- Accessible route to food and beverage outlet from the public entrance and accessible rooms.
- Accessible business center. Accessible route to business center from the public entrance and accessible rooms.
- Service animals are welcome.
From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish.
If you have any questions about this policy or other policies, please contact us at:
Mail: 3848 W. Lakeshore Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Attention: John W. Grubb
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: +1 866 610 2665