CONDITIONS OF STAY
The following terms and conditions will apply to all bookings. We ask that you take a moment to read them prior to making a booking. Please pay attention to our cancellation policies as well as the other terms and conditions marked in bold in this document. In these terms and conditions, which apply to all bookings, the following words shall mean:
- "Agreement" means your booking confirmation read together with these Terms & Conditions;
- "Guest" means the person who will be accommodated at the Hotel;
- "Hotel" means The Cook Hotel;
- "Terms & Conditions" means the terms and conditions of stay contained herein.
- Bookings must be made in advance. Quotations for accommodation will be based on availability as at the date and time of quoting.
- Guests will receive a booking confirmation, in writing, once the booking has been secured via payment of a deposit or presentation of a billing voucher (for all bookings made through a travel agent or tour operator.)
CHARGES, DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- Prices quoted by The Cook Hotel are expressed inclusive of VAT. Price lists for additional items such as room service and restaurant meals, are available on request or are displayed at the relevant location within the Hotel.
- All other charges incurred during a Guest's stay may either be settled immediately or by debiting them to each room's account, in which event such account shall be settled in full on departure upon presentation of an invoice.
- Group bookings must be secured by payment of a percentage of the accommodation costs or by way of a billing voucher (for bookings made via tour agents). Payment may be made via electronic funds transfer (into the bank account shown on the proforma invoice) or credit card. We accept American Express, MasterCard, Discover and Visa.
- Should a person fail to pay such deposit or present a billing voucher by the due date, the Hotel may treat the booking as having been cancelled without further notice.
CANCELLATIONS AND NON-ARRIVALS
- Cancellations to any bookings must be done 48 hours prior to arrival. The Guest shall be liable for and pay to The Cook Hotel a cancellation fee, the amount as described by The Cook Hotel at the time of booking confirmation.
- All rooms that have been confirmed will be held until 24h00 on the scheduled date of arrival at which time the Hotel may re-let the room without further notice, unless notified of a late arrival.
Check In & Check Out Policies
- Check In: 3:00pm
- Check Out: 11:00 am
- Requests for early check-in & late check-out will be handled based on hotel availability at the time of check-in (an additional fee is payable for guaranteed late check-out).
- The Guest must present a valid ID and credit card at check-in.
- The Guest must be at least 18 years of age in order to reserve and check in to The Cook Hotel.***
- The Cook Hotel can accommodate guest luggage complimentary in a secure location until the guest room is ready.
- Should you need to confirm an earlier arrival than the hotel's standard check-in time or a departure later than noon, please contact the hotel directly in advance. If you plan to arrive earlier than the hotel's check-in time and want to guarantee that you would be able to check into your room upon arrival, we advise you to reserve the night prior to the date of arrival.
- Exceeding check-out times without notifying the front desk in advance can result in extra charges, including, but not limited to, late check-out fees and/or an extra night's charges being applied to your bill.
- Items not removed from the room by check-out time will be charged late check-out fees. If the room is needed for an arrival. The Cook Hotel reserves the right to remove guest items and store them in a secure place.
DAMAGE TO OR REMOVAL OF HOTEL PROPERTY
- Guests will be responsible for any damage caused to the Hotel room or any furnishings, fittings and equipment therein by any act or omission of the Guest, his/her invitees, subcontractors or guests. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, The Cook Hotel reserves the right to make a charge to the Guest's credit or debit card.
- The Cook Hotel reserves the right to charge Guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the Hotel by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item.
- The Cook Hotel reserves the right to take action against any Guest found to have tampered interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or firefighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the Hotel due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the Hotel.
- Should the fact that firefighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guests has departed The Cook Hotel reserves the right to make a charge to the Guest's credit or debit card.
- The Cook Hotel does provide surveillance cameras inside the building in various places such as hallways, lobby area, and lounge area. They are closed circuit surveillance cameras.
- f the Hotel staff find any personal effects, goods left behind by a Guest or any other lost property, The Cook Hotel will retain such items and if an item is not reclaimed within the 3 months of the Guest's departure it will be disposed of by the Hotel at its discretion.
- The Cook Hotel reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behavior of the Guest or invitees of the Guest who must take all steps necessary for corrective action as requested by the Hotel. In the event of failure to comply with management's request, the Hotel may terminate a booking or function immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation.
- The Cook Hotel does have quiet hours in place from 10pm until 7am.
- It is the policy of the Hotel not to discriminate on the grounds of race, color, nationality, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behavior. The Guest, his/her employees, guests and sub-contractors engaged by or on behalf of the Guest are expected to adhere to this policy and the Hotel may, without incurring any liability to the Guest, immediately remove from the Hotel any person(s) offending against this policy. Should any actions by a Guest be deemed inappropriate by the Manager on Duty , or if any inappropriate behavior is brought to the attention of the Manager on Duty, the Hotel reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the Guest.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms and suites or public areas of the hotel including elevators, corridors, lounge, lobby and the breakfast area. Should it be discovered that the Guest smoked in any of the above areas, The Cook Hotel reserves the right to charge the Guest an appropriate non-smoking policy fee.
- Smoking is permitted in the designated areas at each entrance of the hotel.
- The Cook Hotel is a pet free hotel.
- The Cook Hotel does allow ADA registered service animals and law enforcement dogs only wearing the appropriate service vests.
- The Cook Hotel provides free parking for each guest. We are not a full-service hotel therefore it is self-parking.
- The Cook Hotel is not responsible for any valuables that may be left in your vehicle.
***Contact hotel regarding this policy.
In the event that a Guest has a complaint during his/her stay at the Hotel, he/she must bring it to the attention of Hotel management as soon as possible to allow the Hotel the opportunity to address the issue during your stay.
If you have any questions about this policy or other policies, please contact us at:
Mail: 3848 W. Lakeshore Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Attention: John W. Grubb
Phone: +1 866 610 266